Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Excitment Just Entered the Building

So, I’ve decided to start a blog. I hope I’ll have a few interesting things to say. I suspect most of it will focus on politics, broadly understood, although I’m sure that I’ll have things to say about a whole bunch of other stuff that interests me, from music to sports to books to food to how awesome I am.

But in general, I have one goal here. I don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings. Instead, I want to grant people (especially the conservatives I most often disagree with) their greatest wish: to be taken seriously. I plan to take all these arguments people make completely seriously, and, by doing so, hopefully reveal how seriously misguided they are.

Well, I’ll try to be serious.

And fail. But hopefully it’ll be fun to watch.

As a side note, I’m adopting Warren Ellis’s message board policy for any commenting that might happen here. Because a policy is an important thing to have, given the rush of people I expect to start commenting here any minute. But still, I like it, so I’m adopting it. Some of the stuff, about posting material or whether this blog's is safe for work, doesn’t really apply here, but I think the rest gets it just about right.

And seriously, if you’ve read this much, thanks for coming. Any feedback is appreciated.

No comments: